Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

80/20 Anatomy

Since my last post I have been thinking and discussing with colleagues how the 80/20 could be incorporated into my anatomy lessons. After my initial skepticism I can see how this can be easily and effectively achieved in so many ways if we were to utilise the interactive learning suite.

Teacher tube and You tube are great resources that would enable a student to break each concept down into small parts and replay it as many times as they need. In a lecture you can feel left behind and can miss things and lack the confidence to ask the concept to be repeated. Whereas with this digital version you can replay until you get it.

I have talked to the people at the LTC and am very impressed with all the interactive learning tools they are able to create that will assist in memorisation and understanding. They are creating some things for our classes now.

I have also found some animations, DVDs and software that comes with the latest versions of the text books that I once laboured over. These are real assets that I wish I could have had.
Also it doesn't take that much searching to find websites that are very useful too.

I can totally see how if we had access to these resources in a lab then I could set out tasks for students to complete and float around adding value and clarifying where needed.

I am excited by the prospect.


No comments:

Post a Comment