Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Reflecting on other department’s lessons (2)

The social workers presentation contained a good learning spiral where the lesson linked to an activity on emit and then to her next lesson. This is great for repetition and for creating more beginnings and endings to facilitate learning. This is something that I think I can bring into my lessons. Instead of having discrete lectures having only one beginning and end I can have emit links and reviews of previous lectures before starting a new one. The other thing I liked about the social worker's presentation was the use of a high end solo question at the completion of the lesson to promote deeper thought.

When the accountants were questioned about the use of pair work versus group work they said they chose pair work so that both people were involved in the activity. With larger groups some students can slack off or be lost in the crowd. This is something I should consider when giving out tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment